52 Creations - Week 16

Well it is late on Sunday night but I am getting up my creations on time this week. I do have another cab made but it is still in the kiln and prob won't get a pic taken until next weeks lot of photos.

First cabs for this week are something I have been meaning to do for a couple of weeks now. I found some rod glass which looked more maroon coloured than the other browny ones I had so I thought it would work alright when making these cabs...however it has seemed to turn a bit of a browny colour when it got fired. Never mind. These are for a friend who follows the broncos and their colours are maroon and gold. The yellow glass kinda slipped on one and I tried to push it back abit while it was firing but didn't work.


Then I have this cab which has been laying around for a week or two now and I had NO idea what I wanted to do with it. It was made from a purple/plum sort of colour with a darker purple/plum colour stripe through the middle.


And this is what I got!! It didn't quite come out how I had imagined however I really didn't know what to expect so here we are. Sort of a spider webby effect.


Being held up infront of the sun.


Generally being held up to the sky. Looks pretty funky here.


Then this is a close up of the pattern on the glass. Thinking that a beaded cab might be the use for this one with a white backing so you can see the patterns.

1 comments:

Karyn said...
May 19, 2010 at 1:05 PM

Gorgeous beads as always Bree.

Be sure to drop by my blog as I have left you a little award.

Karyn

Back to Home Back to Top Beads By Bree. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.