WIP Progress - Beaded Cab

Well I know I only started the cab yesterday but I have been wanting to have more of a play with my beads since!! So I have finished the cab except for the edging and the bail. I must say that as I was building the beads up this morning I was getting worried that it's too chunky and I don't like it. But my the time I had finished and randomly played around with some ideas in my head, I really LOVE this cab.

After doing the first two rows of backstitch I decided that I would try stepping up with peyote (I think??). Well I don't know if I have done it right or not but this is how it turned out. I think I should have stepped up one more with the smaller seed beads and it would have been more obviously. But I like it the way it is.

Here is my cab after going up one row with the bigger beads.


Here is my cab after adding the smaller beads between the larger ones. This is probably where I should have gone up another step with the smaller beads but I liked it like this! Looks nice and snug. You can still see a little bit of the clear through the sides if you look hard enough but generally I got it covered pretty good.


Then I umm'ed and ahhh'ed about adding another row of backstitch around the edge and which colour to add. I was going to use the clear black lined seedies which are in the previous post but I think the black look better.


Told ya the back would start to get messier as I kept going. The outside stitches are my black row of seed beads.


Then I was mucking around with my bigger beads trying to to add 'something' different to the cab. I tried them up the top but they wouldn't sit properly so I was going to add a bunch down the bottom to compliment the fringe I wanted to do. But I ended up with this! I really love it and it is something I would def wear now. I don't think I'll be adding the fringe. It's not quite in the centre of the cab but does that really matter?? I am anal about those things but I have left this one for some reason.


Just a little close up of the beads down the bottom. I used some of my older seed beads I found and some glass black pearls.


Will add more pics once it is all finished. It's going to be tricky doing the edging around this little chunky bit. Wish me luck!!

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Beads By Bree. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.